Saturday 6 December 2014

#MushyMeals

The meals made of mush I'm talking about are SCHOOL MEALS!!!!!!

Why is it that even the simplest recipe goes horribly wrong when made in a school kitchen? Apart from anything else the kitchen smells of rotten eggs and stale grease. I honestly have to hold my nose every time I enter because you can't breathe properly in there! 

Look, I'm not asking for a Michelin starred chef to come and cook (although that would be nice), all I want is something simple that is actually edible and doesn't contain a whole can of curry powder, black pepper or mushrooms. Please, don't get me started on mushrooms. 

Anyway, I wish Jamie Oliver's ideas for simple, easy but healthy meals would be used at schools. Instead of the usual burnt chips or mushroom stroganoff. You'd think by now, it would be the easiest thing in the world to follow those ideas. 



But what I'd really like is something like this! Made by http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/almond-quinoa-pumpkin-seed-bread/ Why is it so hard to have healthy food at school?







In fact, the other day I even found AN ARMPIT HAIR in my pasta. I'll let that sink in. 

It's not that I don't like food like chocolate and donuts, but overall I prefer healthy meals because they make me feel better. 

Anyway, I expect the Earth would stop spinning on it's current axis before school meals are actually half decent. 

Are your school meals as bad as mine? Have you found hairs in your food? Which is your favourite recipe? Please comment below! 

Blaze XX

PS: Recently, I had a virus and eating healthy food has been one of the main ways that has improved how I felt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment